June 13, 2019
Starting July 1, 2019, IngenioRx will become Anthem’s new Pharmacy Benefits Manager and Home Delivery Pharmacy. Please note, the pharmacy benefits and cost share will not change as a result of the move to IngenioRx. See the complete drug benefits summaries in the “Documents and Resources” section here.
For All Participants:
IngenioRx will provide expanded phone, web and mobile Pharmacy Benefits Management tools for all members, including:
- 24/7 Pharmacy Support at the Pharmacy Member Services number listed on your Anthem I.D. Card.
- Find and compare drug costs across pharmacies to price medications.
- Refill prescriptions online at anthem.com/ca or with the Anthem Anywhere or Mobile Health Consumer apps for mobile phones.
- Click here to see the Anthem notice sent to all Participants
For Home Delivery (currently Express Scripts):
- Starting July 1, 2019, your doctor should send all new home delivery prescriptions electronically to IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy.
- Current prescriptions, along with remaining refills, will migrate automatically and do not need to be resubmitted by your doctor.
- Expired prescriptions or prescriptions with no refills remaining will need a doctor to send a new prescription electronically through IngenioRx and will not transfer automatically.
- For those enrolled in the automatic refill program, you will need to sign up again through IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy to receive automatic refills. Automatic refills can be managed online at anthem.com/ca on or after July 1st.
- Payment details will not transfer automatically. You will need to re-enter your credit card or other payment information in the Pharmacy section of the anthem.com/ca website when you manage your prescriptions on or after July 1st.
- Click here to see the Anthem notice sent to all Home Delivery Participants
For Specialty Home Delivery (currently Accredo):
- Prescriptions for controlled substances cannot be transferred. A member of the IngenioRx Specialty Pharmacy Care Team will call you, if they have not already, to go over your care plan with you and answer your questions.
- If you need further assistance or missed the call from IngenioRx, please call 1-833-255-0645
- Starting July 1, 2019, your doctor should send new Specialty Drug home delivery prescriptions electronically to IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy.
- If you are currently set-up for automatic refills of Specialty Drugs, you will need to re-register with IngenioRx Home Delivery Pharmacy at anthem.com/ca on or after July 1, 2019.
- Click here to see the Anthem notice sent to all Specialty Pharmacy Participants